Welcome to the Interracial Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Member Login:

Some things change and some stay the same
Old 11-13-2012, 05:19 PM

Default Some things change and some stay the same

We are a couple, and been involved in an interracial relationship for over 6 years now. She is Asian and I am caucasian/white. However, while in the the south (Texas in this case), we limit ourselves mostly to big cities which have a broad mix of cultures. There, race is mostly inconsequential to us.

With that said, the lifestyle of sharing her with other men is a behind closed doors thing for us with anyone (guy or girl of any background).

---------
My experience as a child is that the more rural you go, and when you combine that with a less educated group of rural people, you may encounter a fear of the unknown which manifests itself as racism to the untrained eye.

But it also may be that people move to the city simply because they are more tolerant and open and enjoy the mix of cultures.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 PM

My wife several years ago told me that she liked Denzel Washington. Around the time we first started dating, a Denzel movie I hadn't seen, she had on DVD. I would show her my DVD collection and encouraged her to watch movies I had liked. She really wanted me to watch the Denzel movie. It was good too, like she said. The one where he is the psycho cop.

Now you don't just generally say, "I like so-and-so actor/actress" speaking only of their acting ability. Usually when you say you like an actor/actress of the opposite sex, it's about the total package no? It'd be about the acting, physical attraction, the role played, or whatever number of things?

Incidentally, she did-not like the role he played in that particular movie. I forget the name of it.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheLIKESdenzel View Post
My wife several years ago told me that she liked Denzel Washington. Around the time we first started dating, a Denzel movie I hadn't seen, she had on DVD. I would show her my DVD collection and encouraged her to watch movies I had liked. She really wanted me to watch the Denzel movie. It was good too, like she said. The one where he is the psycho cop.

Now you don't just generally say, "I like so-and-so actor/actress" speaking only of their acting ability. Usually when you say you like an actor/actress of the opposite sex, it's about the total package no? It'd be about the acting, physical attraction, the role played, or whatever number of things?

Incidentally, she did-not like the role he played in that particular movie. I forget the name of it.

I really REALLY think you're grasping for straws over there. Ya Trying to find anything that could possibly mean that she likes blk men and If this is your only evidence then I would say that' its pretty weak as far as evidence goes.

FYI... I've said the same thing about Johnny Depp but that doesn't mean I wanna fck him or a white guy, well other than my husband of course..

Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Alley View Post

I really REALLY think you're grasping for straws over there. Ya Trying to find anything that could possibly mean that she likes blk men and If this is your only evidence then I would say that' its pretty weak as far as evidence goes.

FYI... I've said the same thing about Johnny Depp but that doesn't mean I wanna fck him or a white guy, well other than my husband of course..

You are taking things a bit out of context. This was a several-years-ago scenario. A lot has developed since then.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:

Denzel Washington as a psycho cop? You probably mean the 2001 movie "Training Day".

So uhm, for how you put it if I like the work by actors like:
- Kevin James
- Jack Black
- Jonah Hill

It's not because they make funny movies, are believable in the role, and good actors. But because I want to fuck chubby white men?

It's not that I like Peter Dinklage because he's awesome as Tyrion Lannister and makes one of the coolest characters of the books also one of the greatest characters in the TV adaption, but that I want to fuck midgets??

Your logic is a bit off, I think.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 PM

And Denzel IS one of those romantic-lead heart-throb type actors.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM

Denzel Washington as a psycho cop? You probably mean the 2001 movie "Training Day".

So uhm, for how you put it if I like the work by actors like:
- Kevin James
- Jack Black
- Jonah Hill

It's not because they make funny movies, are believable in the role, and good actors. But because I want to fuck chubby white men?

Yes, that was the film. No, I would never impose so much as to tell you or anyone, what it is that you/they, should like...

Last edited by sheLIKESdenzel; 11-19-2012 at 08:05 PM..

Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
And Denzel IS one of those romantic-lead heart-throb type actors.
When I think of movies like:
- A Soldier's Story;
- Glory;
- Crimson Tide;
- Virtuosity:
- The Siege;
- The Taking of Pelham 123 (remake);
- Training Day;
- Malcolm X;
- The Manchurian Candidate (remake);
- The Book of Eli;

romantic heart-throb is not the first thing that comes to mind.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyna View Post
When I think of movies like:
- A Soldier's Story;
- Glory;
- Crimson Tide;
- Virtuosity:
- The Siege;
- The Taking of Pelham 123 (remake);
- Training Day;
- Malcolm X;
- The Manchurian Candidate (remake);
- The Book of Eli;

romantic heart-throb is not the first thing that comes to mind.
ha yeah, a fucking useless monotone smart ass one dimensional actor is a better fit

Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_couple10 View Post
We are a couple, and been involved in an interracial relationship for over 6 years now. She is Asian and I am caucasian/white. However, while in the the south (Texas in this case), we limit ourselves mostly to big cities which have a broad mix of cultures. There, race is mostly inconsequential to us.

With that said, the lifestyle of sharing her with other men is a behind closed doors thing for us with anyone (guy or girl of any background).

---------
My experience as a child is that the more rural you go, and when you combine that with a less educated group of rural people, you may encounter a fear of the unknown which manifests itself as racism to the untrained eye.

But it also may be that people move to the city simply because they are more tolerant and open and enjoy the mix of cultures.
Living in a city has nothing to do with better education....

Tags
daughters, mom, open, secret