Welcome to the Interracial Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Member Login:

Getting my girl friends more into and accepting of black guys
Old 04-18-2011, 10:58 AM

Exclamation Getting my girl friends more into and accepting of black guys

I have been into interracial dating and meetings since I have started to date when younger in high school to in college now and I notice alot of girls not only friends but others I come across in conversations about guys and dating in general are sort of closed minded about dating black guys but at the same time they are accepting of it? That sounds a bit strange but im finding that alot of them are interesting in meeting and getting with black guys and maybe even dating some but there seems to be a stigma out there about dating outside of your race and alot of women are very hesitant to do it even though alot of them seem very curious and want to but just pass it over or act shy and distance themselfs from it and ignore their feelings and emotions about it..

Well I want to change that and open all their eyes to what they are missing and I wont be forceful or anything but I wont stop talking about it until they are all more accepting of it and stop seeing it as something taboo or anything and they all start to act on their feelings and emotions on the matter and start to meet more black men and stop ignoring them for flings or for dating even since they are missing out on how cool and nice they are overall and not just more enjoyable in the bedroom! I have already spoken to some of my close friends who have thought about it and wanted to act on it but they have not had the courage so I have been giving them more information and stuff on some guys I know that they can meet and see if they like and have setup some group type setting dates with a few or so friends and guys at my apartment and im going to invite other girlfriends on different nights to meet some of the same guys and a few others to see if they have any chemistry together and hopefully this works out well and my friends will have the flings they are after or maybe even find some lasting relationships! Also I have talked to girls I odnt know very well yet about it and have changed their mind about some things they though about them that were not true like they only go after and like certain types of girls and all that garbage so I could brings more interracial pairings together and im also planning a few other party type meetings and have done a few things already the past few months and got one of my close friends to meet a cool black guy she has been dating for awhile now and things are getting serious with them so im seeing that these types of things work and im going to do all I can to get more stuff out thewre to break the stigma about white girls dating black guys and hopefully I can change things! But I was also thinking that together we are stronger and can achieve more! I was wondering if others are doing similar things also? or maybe some of you had some more ideas or thoughts to give me on how I can help change the minds of some of my friends and also help other girls that im recently meeting who are curious and wonder about black guys but dont really bother to act on those feelings because they feel its a taboo subject or their familys would not approve of them doing that so they avoid it, and suggestions thoughts or even encouraging comments would be great! thanks for reading my post just a few ideas im putting out there for now!

Old 04-18-2011, 05:46 PM

Hi Emily,
I am a freshman at a Tennessee university and have been dating black guys since my junior year in high school. Interracial dating is still very much frowned on here but I have had several friends over for meet and greets at my apartment. I have discovered that a sizeable number of my friends are curious and open to meeting black guys, especially if they can do so with a reasonable amount of privacy. These "meet and greets" have worked out well and are a lot of fun. They are informal and I invited guys I know from the community and usually the guys will ask if they can invite a friend or two. I try to keep the numbers within reason because of space.

Katie

Old 05-09-2011, 11:25 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemad92 View Post
Hi Emily,
I am a freshman at a Tennessee university and have been dating black guys since my junior year in high school. Interracial dating is still very much frowned on here but I have had several friends over for meet and greets at my apartment. I have discovered that a sizeable number of my friends are curious and open to meeting black guys, especially if they can do so with a reasonable amount of privacy. These "meet and greets" have worked out well and are a lot of fun. They are informal and I invited guys I know from the community and usually the guys will ask if they can invite a friend or two. I try to keep the numbers within reason because of space.

Katie
Thats great! I just had another meet and greet friday night and it went great! my friends wer eimpressed wiht the guys and the guys seemed to like most of my friends even more so my friends Kristen, Nicole and Natalie they all gave their numbers to guys they met and two or them already have dates for the dinner and a movie type thing for next week! and I have been talking to other girls who are interested in meeting some black guys but just dont know where to meet them and feel strange if they have to go up and talk to them on their own so im already planning some new meets! We need more girls like us spreading the word to our white friends about black guys and we also need to get the whole taboo frowned upon thing out of the way and let girls know that its normal and more and more girls are hooking up with and dating black men so keep doing what you are doing and spread the word! I know im trying to do all I can in my free time between work and classes at school!

Old 05-10-2011, 02:03 AM

Emily, we do something similar at my apartment. Several black guys and a few of my friends will come over and mix and mingle. It usually turns out well, and leads to at least to some fun times.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:35 AM

Things have been working out so great lately, I dont know what to say! Have been busy with school and work and meeting new guys and introducing girls to black guys I know and I have formed new relationships some of them are dating now! Everyone make sure to keep joining interracial couples together so more and more people see this is not just some odd thing you only see from girls who cant get a date anywhere else but this is what WE ALL choose and it snot going away..ever!

The Peace/Piece Prize
Old 11-10-2011, 01:11 PM

Default The Peace/Piece Prize

Seriously, you two should be awarded the Nobel White Women for Black Men prize/award for your efforts. I don't have a problem meeting white people or white women in particular, but for those of us that do, we thank you. Hope everything works out with your newfound friends = )

Old 11-11-2011, 09:47 AM

Thanks alot almondjoy! we are trying to do our best just wish we had even more girls in my area who wanted to come out! anyone if you live near Boston let me know in a private message and we can talk on the phone about you coming out to one of the meets, we meet often! Just got some pictures put up from last Saturday, Mike is a friend of mine dating my friend Tasha I asked him if I could post a picture of him with our group of girls and a picture of him and his Girlfriend Tasha together to promote what we are doing and he said sure great! so here is a picture of some of the girls who come out to meet black men! 4 of them are dating black guys right now and 2 are single and 1 of the girls just got out of a long term relationship with a white guy and shes interested in interracial dating but shes a bit shy so were bringing her in slowly..maybe some of you can come help me with that, message me for details if you want to meet her! lol! here are the pictures below!
Attached Thumbnails
Getting my girl friends more into and accepting of black guys-kiss.jpg   Getting my girl friends more into and accepting of black guys-lovers.jpg  

Old 02-08-2012, 03:41 PM

Omg our meets have been going soo good lately! Thanks to all the new girls coming out to meet the guys there are now 5 more mixed race couples seriously dating and hopefully more soon! I have not been on for a bit busy with school but I replyed to your messages girls send me a email to arrange coming to our meeting or give me a phone call or text me since I also put my cell phone number in my reply messages! Cant wait for you all to come out and meet the cute guys at the bar then come to the private house party! Also black guys if you are near Boston or can get to the area for next month first weekend saturday in march send me a message and I can tell you what bar to meet us at so you can meet the ladies and see who you get along best with!

Last edited by Emilyh; 02-08-2012 at 03:47 PM..

Old 02-08-2012, 04:04 PM

Do you have a facebook link for these meets

Old 02-08-2012, 04:23 PM

Emily, your parties sound fun. Mine are not so elaborate or organized, but they are fun when I have them. A couple of weeks ago, I had a few friends ove, with a couple of the girls never having dated black guys. But that has changed now