Welcome to the Interracial Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Member Login:

Black Guys Dating: white girls vs. black girls
Old 11-05-2013, 04:34 PM

Default Black Guys Dating: white girls vs. black girls

It's funny to me, maybe ironic is a better word, that black women these days prefer a black man who is light skinned and most white girls including yours truly prefer black men who are very dark.

Most of my black boyfriends over the years have complained to me about their black wives or girlfriends about being too hard on them, too demanding, too high of expectations but not willing to support them in their goals and aspirations. I don't think that black women are bad for black men in general, but I do think that black women should be more supportive and understanding of their black men if they really want them to do well in life.

One thing I have learned from my mother is that men, no matter how smart they are, need the support and confidence of their wives in order to take the risks necessary for true success. Lots of men are smart and have the potential for success but young men especially lack the confidence to always pursue every dream and every angle. It is a loving and supportive women who many times encourages her man to stand up and be strong and can make the difference between a mediocre career and a successful career or entrepreneurial endeavor for their men.

If my mother had not shown complete confidence in my father's ability to make good choices for our family, they would not have moved from Italy to the US for his career and I would likely not be speaking English nearly as well as I do now nor would I have a faint southern draw mixed in with my obvious Italian accent.

Black men in particular already start off their lives behind others because of what slavery, then socialized bigotry, then the welfare state each did to destroy the African American family unit. When a black man succeeds in America, it means so much more than when a white man does. Black men must be smarter and bolder to achieve the same level of success as a white guy because he works twice as hard for the same level of achievement.

The biggest difference I see in white girls vs. black girls is that white girls have no interest in telling their black boyfriends what to do or how to do it. White girls just enjoy their company and are more about the relationship and not the guys career. Black girls seem to be more controlling and more demanding of their men. I think that they want their men to do well but they put too much pressure on them which can sometimes make them withdraw out of fear of failure.

Let us honor our black men and show them that we have their backs. White and Black women both should try harder to support their hard working and intelligent black men and support their decisions and their initiatives and entrepreneurial endeavors whether we agree with their professional choices or not. If black or white women want successful black husbands and fathers, turn them loose, support them and let them soar.

Just my opinion

@whtgrlangel
Old 11-05-2013, 05:25 PM

Default @whtgrlangel

You get my vote as Secretary of State !
Just get a "Pant Suit " & hit the Campaign trail .
I'll get "Behind" you.. Literally !!

Well somebody's got to be the "Driving" force in the "Campaign " so I'll steer you from the "Rear" !!

Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtgrlangel View Post
It's funny to me, maybe ironic is a better word, that black women these days prefer a black man who is light skinned and most white girls including yours truly prefer black men who are very dark.

Most of my black boyfriends over the years have complained to me about their black wives or girlfriends about being too hard on them, too demanding, too high of expectations but not willing to support them in their goals and aspirations. I don't think that black women are bad for black men in general, but I do think that black women should be more supportive and understanding of their black men if they really want them to do well in life.

One thing I have learned from my mother is that men, no matter how smart they are, need the support and confidence of their wives in order to take the risks necessary for true success. Lots of men are smart and have the potential for success but young men especially lack the confidence to always pursue every dream and every angle. It is a loving and supportive women who many times encourages her man to stand up and be strong and can make the difference between a mediocre career and a successful career or entrepreneurial endeavor for their men.

If my mother had not shown complete confidence in my father's ability to make good choices for our family, they would not have moved from Italy to the US for his career and I would likely not be speaking English nearly as well as I do now nor would I have a faint southern draw mixed in with my obvious Italian accent.

Black men in particular already start off their lives behind others because of what slavery, then socialized bigotry, then the welfare state each did to destroy the African American family unit. When a black man succeeds in America, it means so much more than when a white man does. Black men must be smarter and bolder to achieve the same level of success as a white guy because he works twice as hard for the same level of achievement.

The biggest difference I see in white girls vs. black girls is that white girls have no interest in telling their black boyfriends what to do or how to do it. White girls just enjoy their company and are more about the relationship and not the guys career. Black girls seem to be more controlling and more demanding of their men. I think that they want their men to do well but they put too much pressure on them which can sometimes make them withdraw out of fear of failure.

Let us honor our black men and show them that we have their backs. White and Black women both should try harder to support their hard working and intelligent black men and support their decisions and their initiatives and entrepreneurial endeavors whether we agree with their professional choices or not. If black or white women want successful black husbands and fathers, turn them loose, support them and let them soar.

Just my opinion
Blackmen have tried for years to make the blackwomen more submissive but we simply dont have the Money to do it. The whiteman has the Money and has successfully turned his whitewoman slutty/submissive the way he wants and she wont mind losing her own self respect over it. From the Days of slavery we have been cut off from that true social link we have had with blackwomen and it still carries on to this day. Its like 2 people in 2 different countries doing business but there is a middleman involved and so you cant do business directly because someone else is controlling it. We have lost that Connection with blackwomen but i can tell you one thing is that a blackwoman is far more understanding to me than a whitewoman because she knows exactly where im coming from.

Wow!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 PM

Lightbulb Wow!!!

That's a submissive mouthful!!!

MOST White women are so easy to walk over. Meaning the blk man can get away with a lot more with most white women. So damn many submissive, subservient white women out there.

No matter who your with BLK OR WHITE you should support their dreams. BLK OR WHITE. Ya can't just roll over like a submissive dog. There has to be a happy medium.

Ha, I for one love how strong blk women are. They can be kind and just as supportive.

@ the OP~ men will tell you anything to get in and stay in your pants!! Chances are they telling blk women the same about white women!!! It's a man thing.

At the end of the day. Who doesn't want a strong woman? Once again, ya gotta find a happy medium. Happy, loving, supportive, strong with a sprinkle of sub. lol.

Now granted some men NEVER date blk women (TND ) but soooo many do.

True Understanding?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:03 PM

Default True Understanding?

Of course, who could understand something as deeply as another person who shares your experience? That is an obvious statement but also misleading. Black women do understand where black people come from because they are black but they don't necessarily understand where black men are coming from because they are not men. Their experience, no matter how black, is not your experience. And, to some extent, they compare what black men are doing with what white men are doing and their expectations are artificially set to judge you by those arbitrary standards.

I don't necessarily agree that white men have subjugated us white girls to sex slaves because of money because white women in this country are far out-performing white men in this day and age and we are far better educated so I believe we will turn a corner in a few decades when white men will no longer dominate this country. Not only that, you seem to think that we give up the pussy so easily because men have money not realizing that I might actually be using men for my own sexual pleasure. If you think that women don't understand the power of their pussy then you are sorely misinformed.

The jist of my rant was that women, black and white, who love black men should do their best to lift their men up and encourage them without the fear or doubt that generations of bigotry has spawned. The confidence of black culture has been undermined by white culture and it is a significant reason why black women are so hard on black men. Black women don't understand how hard it is to be a black man. They just see other men and set their expectations on what other men are doing.

I am not dogging black women at all. I love black women like I love black men. I love the culture. But I am not black. I don't know what it is to be black but I can observe and learn and share what I see for the benefit of black people. I am not just a waste can for black cum, I do have a mind and love for all black people. I just see more and more that black men are marrying white girls and dating white girls and leaving black girls behind. I love that black men are attracted to me because I am attracted to them too but don't you think that there is a growing epidemic of black men who are forgetting about black girls?

I am only reiterating what I hear from dozens and dozens of black men who have told me this stuff for decades. I just want to encourage black women out there to lift up their men and I want black men out there to go home and help your women understand what it is to be you. You have no idea what you can accomplish if you don't allow yourself to both dream big and execute. Don't stick your toe in the water, go get whatever it is you want and bring it home. That's all I am saying.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:16 PM

Too bad there's a shortage of blk women around here, as I would love to hear their input to this topic.

Kal.....
Old 11-05-2013, 11:24 PM

Default Kal.....

As always. I love your post.

Funny thing about this is. I know some white women who are just as bad!!! Always pushing their significant other to be the best of the best and over the years their husbands have been beating down. Some become submissive men while others walk away to a more loving and understanding woman.

Basically support the one you love. Blk or white. Lift them up not beat them down!!

Last edited by Mustang Alley; 11-05-2013 at 11:32 PM..

Exactly
Old 11-06-2013, 12:33 AM

Default Exactly

That's exactly my point only it seemed to have sounded more realistic coming from the mouth of a black man and not a white woman. As I first said, my papa would have not been the man/professional that he became were it not for the support of my mother. None of us as a whole can be categorized as one thing. But relationships have degraded over time and expectations are out of reach for many guys. Thank you for explaining what were simple thoughts of mine from the perspective of a black person who is living the experience. Nothing I wrote was intended to degrade black women at all, only to point out something that we all see but don't have the courage to discuss and this work toward an answer.

Sistas verus Snow Bunnies
Old 11-06-2013, 01:01 AM

Default Sistas verus Snow Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalflcik View Post
A worthy topic indeed.....

When it comes to black women in particular, she is the most insecure woman on the planet due to obvious agendas played out through history. The white woman is put on a pedestal for the world, and it has gotten to the point where the black woman wishes to emulate the white woman, at least what she thinks is a white woman in nature.

We dont all play out this pattern, but it is what happens on a large scale. Not all white women are supportive of men in relationships, and not all black women put too many expectations on their men either.
As someone who has dated LOTS of white women, I just have to say that some of those women have been some of the most insecure, mentally unstable, immature, mean-spirited, passive-aggressive, needy, selfish, clingy individuals I have ever met in my entire life . . . male OR female of any race! Did I say flakey and shallow? Flakey and shallow too!

What you're saying, yes I understand where you're coming from. But the second part of what you wrote that I quoted holds more power for me at the end of the day. That being put on a pedestal places a LOT of pressure on white women to be worthy of being placed on that high perch. Feel they gotta be perfect all the time to get up there and stay up there. Many don't know how to handle the constant pressure of always striving to be "perfect white girl" with any dignity and grace.

I always say what's between their legs makes them a woman. But it's one's BEHAVIOR that makes one a lady! I've told plenty of white chicks to shape up or ship the fuck out . . . some have been shocked that this BROWN-SKINNED black man would dump them . . . THEM (PRETTY white girls) . . . before putting up with their shit. Maybe a white man or a SIMP ass nicca might kiss her ass to be with her, but me??? Geeeeeets ta steppiiiiiinnnnnn' LOL Gets ta steppin' right out of my life!

I guess I need to reassess where I been meeting my white girls Either that or just stick to the Latinas. They're a hella lot nicer . . . make a black man forget aaaallll about a white woman Bottom line black men . . . don't think your life is gonna be all good just because you're with a white woman. She can make your life miserable too. Fuck yo shit up. Then turn around and call the law on ya too! Tryin' to play the victim and shit

Last edited by ThickNiggaDick; 11-06-2013 at 11:24 AM..

It doesn't really matter
Old 11-06-2013, 12:33 PM

Default It doesn't really matter

I've dated a lot of different races and they have all been strong women. I've seen submissive black and white women and it's annoying to be with someone who seems to just say yes or blindly follow you with out giving any input or ideas. It doesn't matter about the color of your skin or their bank account. Being submissive is an innate trait to a person. In relationship I LOVE being with a strong woman rather than someone who would just let me do whatever and just "go along for the ride".